First, watch the video posted above. For this discussion, please consider the cultural biases (stereotypes about age, gender, race, etc.) that can contribute to the issues associated with false memories, such as faulty eye witness testimony and repressed memories. In 200-250 words:
- Address some stereotypes that can shape or influence our memories (be sure to use scholarly sources to back up your ideas)
- How do these impact our recall of memories?
- What are the potential outcomes, positive and negative, from having these stereotypes potentially shape our memory recall?
Please respond to at least two (2) of your peers, in 100-150 words, addressing:
- Reflect on their listed stereotypes and the evidence back up their ideas
- Their analysis of how these thoughts can impact our memories.