Submit the Semester Paper Topic for approval. Paper must be in APA format and that means cover page, reference page, and more.
The topic proposal should be 2-3 paragraphs identifying the current issues facing the marketing discipline that you wish to study.
No PDF files accepted – deliver in a Microsoft Word Document only.
Written Assignment Expectations:
1. 80/20 RULE: No more than 20% of your paper should be quotes or copy and pasted material from sources. More than 80% of your submission should be your original thoughts and evaluation.
2. DO NOT RE-USE INFORMATION from previous courses. Everything for this course must be written for this course only. No recycling topics previously written about – period.
- Only items you quote/cite within your paper should appear in your references – I perform a check on this each week. There should be a 100% match between citations and reference page. If there is not, this is considered a SERIOUS academic error.
Reminder…per ANNOUNCEMENT in classroom:
I expect that ALL papers should adhere to APA compliance…and that includes the following:
- NO PDF FILES – all papers must be submitted in Microsoft Word
- Times New Roman 12 Font
- Avoid using “I” statements, APA does not allow first person writing.
- One Inch Margins
- And more…using the 6th Edition as our guide.
- Your reference list and your citations must match exactly – in other words, do not list your reference as Forbes magazine and then put the author in the citation credit (McFaul, 2011) – put the author’s name first in the reference list too! Match – match – match! Otherwise, I might not be able to validate your reference / citation and you would lose getting credit for that source!
In addition, I expect the following in your writing style this semester:
- Use subject headers for all papers – your reader appreciates and expects that level or organization to your work! Please do NOT write out questions
- No contractions & No abbreviations – if you are referring to the United States of America, write it out…do not write ‘US’ – this is not stellar academic writing.
- Line spacing is double with 0 point spacing.
- Only one citation credit allowed per sentence in this course.
- Indent the first line of each new paragraph five spaces.
- No extra blank lines inserted between sections – deliver a tight paper.
- No bullet points, alphanumeric lists, or numbered list – write formally in full sentences / paragraphs.
- Numbers one through nine within your paper should be written out
- Cover page and reference page required for ALL paper submissions
- Never use all capital letters
- Use authored references for your research to earn full points. An authored source is simply one that is associated with a human(s) NAME. For example, your textbook is an authored source. The United States Census Bureau is not an authored source. But it is fine to use as long as you ALSO use an authored reference source.
- Always include the full URL as to where you found your research online articles – never just the home page
- Avoid wikis, blogs, tweets, videos, dictionaries, and encyclopedias as outside references – use Masters-level sources like the Journal of Marketing or the Journal of International Business – No wikis, prezis, slideshares, dictionaries, encyclopedias, videos, interviews, & podcasts allowed as references – only scholarly written sources from well-respected sources.